This procedure is topography-guided, meaning the eye’s topography is mapped out ahead of time and used to provide a custom treatment that best fits the eye’s shape. In some cases, patients who have abnormal corneal surfaces can make use of this treatment even when their corneal shape means they cannot benefit from traditional LASIK.
The Effectiveness of Topography Guided LASIK in Comparison to Other Procedures
Topography Guided LASIK is the most recent advancement in Laser Vision Correction for Specs Removal. While LASIK and SMILE (Small Incision Lenticule Extraction) only correct the power of your glasses, Contoura Vision goes a step further! Unlike LASIK and SMILE, it not only corrects your spectacle power, but it also corrects your corneal irregularities while working on the visual axis, resulting in much sharper visual outcomes that LASIK and SMILE cannot match.
- Measuring and treating the aberration profile on the surface of the cornea
- Centering on the apex of the cornea rather than the pupil as in traditional LASIK
- Using the cornea’s unique shape to customize treatment and better minimize corneal aberrations
Like in traditional LASIK, a laser is used to reshape the eye. This helps light enter the eye in a way that better focuses it, helping the patient to see more clearly.
While not everyone who undergoes this kind of treatment achieves a level of visual acuity higher than their current visual acuity when they wear corrective eyewear like glasses or contacts, a sizable minority do —about 30 percent, according to Alcon.
- It helps treat the visual axis of the eye, which is the natural axis at which eyes see, while other procedures such as LASIK surgery treat only the pupillary axis.
- It consists of a special topolyser that helps mark and remove corneal irregularities.
A Potential Candidate for Contoura Vision Surgery
Without a doubt, Contoura vision surgery is an effective method. What you must all do is undergo a thorough medical examination under the supervision of an eye doctor. The doctor determines your eligibility and discusses what needs to be done. Patients who are candidates for Contoura Vision include:
- Simple and fast one-time procedure taking only 3-5 minutes for each eye.
- The absence of a corneal flap eliminates any flap-related medical conditions.
- Suitable for those with an active lifestyle, particularly those participating in contact sports.
- A safer option for those with high-risk jobs such as air force pilots, military personnel, navy divers, and more.
- An alternative for those who are not suitable for LASIK due to thin cornea and high myopia.
- Minimal risk of dry eye, a common side effect of LASIK eye surgery.
It is a simple and fast procedure that utilizes the high-tech Schwind Amaris 1050RS excimer laser – the world’s fastest laser machine. This machine is equipped with a zero-latency tracker, allowing for safe and accurate treatment.
The procedure does not involve any surgical instrument touching the eye. First, the Schwind Amaris 1050RS laser starts off by removing the epithelium cells. Next, the laser reshapes the curvature of the cornea in a single step to correct refractive power. Once the cornea has been reshaped, a soft contact lens acting as an artificial cornea flap is placed over the cornea to protect it during the healing process.
It takes about 3 to 5 days for the epithelium cells to regenerate. After 5 days, the contact lenses are removed. To facilitate the healing process, patients are required to keep away from strong sunlight and use prescription eye drops for 6 to 10 weeks after the procedure. Full visual recovery typically takes about one to three months.
If you are above the age of 40 and finding yourself holding a book or newspaper farther away while reading, this article is for you.
Monovision LASIK (also known as blended vision) currently is the most popular presbyopia laser surgery. Standard LASIK, all-laser LASIK and custom LASIK can be adapted to create a monovision laser presbyopia correction.
Copyright © 2023 Aarav Eye Care. | All Rights Reserved. Website Designed & SEO By Webclick® Digital Pvt. Ltd.